Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lady and Sons Savannah GA

It would have been impossible to be in Savannah and not eat at Paula Deans restaurant so why I was in Savannah I did just that.  I went through Savannah I decided to have dinner at Lady and Sons in Savannah.  I got there around 8 pm and they had just finished their dinner rush so their was some seating available.

The server sent me up to the 3rd floor to eat.  The third floor had about 30 people in it so for the most part it was empty.  I was sat near the bar.  The waiter was kind,you could tell he would have wrather seated someone else but was good at his job anyway. and asked what  I wanted to drink I ordered the sweet tea.  and When the sweet tea came back he asked me what I wanted for dinner I asked for recomenndations.  He suggested their dinner buffet with fried chicken and all the fixings so that is what I ordered.  

I started out with their salad bar it was ok but it didnt have all the items I thought it should have mostly because the table was relatively small.

The buffect table was bigger but other than fried chicken and catfish it had only about 4 vegatables and rolls on it.  Which was OK but not enought selection for what the buffet cost. 

After sitting down my tea was there and my dinner rolls which were delicious.  The chicken was cooked correctly it was not overcook and it still had lots of flavor despite being fried.  I had 4 pieces of chicken total and 2 rounds of sides the sides were mash potatos which were good and corn which tasted like it came from the can. 

After dinner the waiter brought me my dessert which was the ooy gooey butter cake which was delicious.  The perfect finish to the meal.

When I got up to leave I went to ask where the bathroom was but my waiter couldnt be found.  I found it by accident and away I went

The meal was good overall but I expect more variety for $20 per person  I expected better more attentive service

No comments:

Post a Comment