Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Charlestons - Edmond

After one of the ladies I worked with advised me that her son worked at Charlestons and I had her about how great their soup was I decided to give them a try.  Last friday evening I decided to visit Charlestons in Edmond Oklahoma.  As I visited close to 9 pm the restaurant was relatively empy with maybe 15 or 20 people dining in it. 

Upon being seated I was advised my server was going to be K* so I was sitting ther about 5 minutes when she came over for my drink order.  She was nice but you could tell she was tired and annoyed having to work this late.  She talked me into trying the spinach artichoke dip.

In addition to the spinach artichoke dip I ordered the french dip.

The spinach dip came out within 10 minutes of ordering it so while it was not quickly I didnt wait forever for it.  The dip was delicious.  You could taste the spinach, artichoke, and cheese and not one of the flavors overshadowed the other flavors.  The chips were just thin enough.

Between my appetized and meal my waitress handed me off to another waiter.  He was friendly but he was busy as he was preparing to close while we were in there. 

 Half way through my dip the french dip showed up with creamy horseradish dressing.  The meat on the dip appeared to be be more of a chopped meat like chopped brisket than sliced meat.  The meat kept calling out of the sandwich

After my sandwhich the waiter asked me for dessert even though I didnt finish my meal, I respectfully declined. 

My check came out quickly and I paid and attempted to leave.  On my way out I tried to find the restroom however I was unable to do so.  I walked by a waitress chatting with a fellow worker.  I tried to get her to tell me however she was ignoring me.  Finally my waiter advised me where it was so I went on in to the restroom.

Overall the experience was a good experience it could have went better or worse but I would defintely go back.

If any of my followers have any suggestions in the OKC area they want me to visit please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment